Catholic Media Association Book Awards 2021
University of Notre Dame Press titles received seven Catholic Media Association Book Awards on June 10, 2021, during this year’s Virtual Catholic Media Conference, “Anchored in Hope.”
The purpose of the Catholic Media Awards is to acknowledge the outstanding work of its Publisher and Communication members as they strive to further the mission of the Church. On a daily basis the members inform, inspire, and educate readers keeping them connected to their faith, and telling the story of the Church.
This year, Notre Dame Press books received a first place award in Life & Dignity of a Human Person; second place awards in History, Catholic Social Teaching, Ecumenism or Interfaith Relations, Grief and Bereavement, and Life & Dignity of a Human Person; and third place in Ecumenism or Interfaith Relations. We are proud to be the publisher of these important titles deemed best in their field by the judges at the Catholic Media Association.
Notre Dame Press winners include:
• First Place in Life & Dignity of a Human Person. Disputes in Bioethics: Abortion, Euthanasia, and Other Controversies by Christopher Kaczor, included in the Notre Dame Studies in Medical Ethics and Bioethics series
• Second Place in History. The University of Notre Dame: A History by Thomas E. Blantz, C.S.C.
• Second Place in Catholic Social Teaching. Peacebuilding and Catholic Social Teaching by Theodora Hawksley
• Second Place in Ecumenism or Interfaith Relations. Jesuit Kaddish: Jesuits, Jews, and Holocaust Remembrance by James Bernauer, S.J.
• Second Place in Grief and Bereavement. The Evening of Life: The Challenges of Aging and Dying Well edited by Joseph E. Davis and Paul Scherz
• Second Place in Life & Dignity of a Human Person. Untangling Twinning: What Science Tells Us about the Nature of Human Embryos by Maureen L. Condic, included in the Notre Dame Studies in Medical Ethics and Bioethics series
• Third Place in Ecumenism or Interfaith Relations. Muhammad Reconsidered: A Christian Perspective on Islamic Prophecy by Anna Bonta Moreland
The University of Notre Dame Press, the largest Catholic university press in the world, publishes academic and general interest books that engage the most enduring questions of our time. We believe in the power of research to advance knowledge and impact lives, and of our books to connect scholars, experts, students, and readers in order to encourage intellectual exploration and enrich conversations on campus, across the country, and around the world. These award-winning titles are available wherever books are sold. We encourage you to support your local independent bookstore either in person or online.
For more information, contact: Kathryn Pitts, email@example.com, p: 574.631.3267.